Thursday, August 25, 2011

Storm is Brewing


For some reason, I can't seem to comment on a comment which was left by Kristin, so here's a new post. I am so sorry to hear about a small child diagnosed with Juvenile Arthritis. Arthritis used to be referred to as the "old people's disease" but this is not true, it can affect virtually anyone. Today is especially painful for me, maybe it's the high humidity. It's very humbling to carry a cane but I thank God for it because otherwise I'd be stranded. I hobbled down subway stairs this morning and on my ride into Manhattan I did a mental gratitude list, grateful I can still take a bath, put on my shoes and socks, make breakfast. I have a roof over my head and the bills are paid. But I must ask people for help sometimes, not easy for a person who's been fiercely independent. My prayers go out for all those who suffer from arthritis and for their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment